1 day | cost $125 | 5 Nov 2016
Fabic Centre, Gold Coast
Presented by: Tanya Curtis
Our experience of the world can sometimes feel overwhelming and all too consuming, leading to feelings of sadness, depression and wanting to “give up”.
People of all ages and demographics experience loss of some sort.
This could be the loss of a job, a loved one, a pet or even the loss of some material possessions. When we have an attachment to any aspect of life (people, pictures, outcomes etc.) we can experience sadness, grief or even go into bouts of depression when this loss occurs. The reason for this reaction is that we do not feel completely equipped to be in the world when we experience a loss that we are attached to.
This workshop will support people to develop skills to understand their own feelings of sadness, grief and depression and other symptoms experienced when a loss occurs. With this understanding, participants are then offered practical, easy to apply take home strategies.
The aim is for participants to leave feeling like they have the tools to take control back over their own lives.
When left untreated, sadness and grief can often lead to feelings of depression. Depression is sometimes formally diagnosed, yet many times left undiagnosed and untreated. Based on those who have received a formal diagnosis the statistics show that:
- On average, 1 in 6 people will experience depression at some stage of their lives
- One in 16 young Australians currently experience depression in any one year (i.e., this is 180,000 young people)
- Depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide
- Sadness, grief & depression is first preceded by feelings of anxiousness
- Why do I feel so sad?
- My body is talking to me… learning to listen
- Understanding the pictures we create
- Smashed pictures is our first loss
- Do I bury my hurts?
- Buried hurts will resurface one day
- Gaining control back… I am responsible for me
- Not living a victim to the circumstances of my life
- Self Responsibility leads to Self Empowerment
- I deserve joy… Claiming joy in my life
A practical course designed to support you to take control back over your life and equip you with a recipe to experience feelings of self-empowerment and joy again.
Venue: Fabic Centre, Suite 34 Worongary Town Centre 1 Mudgeeraba Road Worongary QLD 4213, Australia
Date of Event: Saturday, 05 November 2016
Time: 9am – 3pm
Registration Time: from 8.30am
Investment: $125 AUD inc GST
What to Bring
This is a self catered workshop so please provide your own meals, means of hydration and refreshments. Food venues are close by should you choose to purchase.
For your comfort, you may choose to bring a cushion for your chair.
This page reproduces an announcement on Fabic’s website.